Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Frozen Meals




I'm not very big on recommending frozen entrees. They are usually very high in sodium, fat, unnatural ingredients, low in fiber, vegetables, and protein.
But lets face it-- sometimes you just don't want to cook. There are healthier frozen meal entrees out there. I just recently tried Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake


This was the first time I had tried Kashi's frozen entrees and I give it an A+! It was so full protein, fiber, and flavor. It is also low in calories (340). It's also lower in sodium than most frozen entrees (380 mg) and high in protein (9g)! Plus it had 2 of my favorite foods, sweet potatoes and black beans!! Here are the nutrition facts:



I also recommend Kashi's TLC granola bars for a quick and filling snack. You may have to try a few flavor's before picking out which one you like the most! Also, I'm not too keen on their cereals (Even though the commercial says it doesn't taste like cardboard, I think that most do!). But, I do enjoy Heart to Heart Cereal: Honey Toasted Oats. You can use it as a cereal with low-fat milk or vanilla soy milk, etc... or also use it to make a trail mix by adding some nuts, such as almonds, and dried fruit, such as raisins or dried cranberries! I'm looking forward to trying more of Kashi's frozen entrees!

Thanks for reading!
Molly Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment